2011

Rose Power

Thursday 12 January 2012

What do Page 3 girls have to do with The Odyssey!?

Well, nothing. But the action in my last post reminded me of a guerilla art performance by Sarah Maple a couple of years ago. To protest against the 40th anniversary of Page 3 girls, feminist Maple and her friends got up early to slip 1000s of photos of her wearing fake breasts into The Sun, surprising people who bought it!


more info on her website

I think this was a really good idea as she took action on an issue she felt strongly about, rather than just moaning about it. She got her 'art ninja' friends involved and it looked like a lot of fun - she made a protest and caught people's attention without hurting anyone or getting in trouble.


Obviously my aims are a lot less political, and even more harmless; I just want to teach people something. Lazy people, who'd rather skip reading a book and learn its main ideas quickly. In short, I want to spread information that, like Maple's targeted Sun readers, don't necessarily want to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment