2011

Rose Power

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Tumblr: mixed opinions...

Going back to the research I did at the start of the project looking at blogs, I looked on Tumblr for posted tagged 'The Odyssey' to see how a site like this deals with a work of literature. I thought doing this would help me better understand the kind of opposition I face trying to bring the book back into common knowledge. As I expected, the posts varied a lot, here were some that stood out:





Mainly the posts consisted of peoples favourite quotes from the Odyssey amidst miserable students holding the book up to a webcam with a look of disgust. Perhaps I could use Tumblr (or a similar blog site) to link my visual study guide to those who seem to be in need of it! What a good Samaritan I would be. 
For example (to the girl below) I could post a comment saying something like 'You seem to be having difficulty with this book, I think I can help. As a Tumblr user you obviously respond well to images: try this visual guide!' (and then a link to it).



This would be a good use of technology (the Internet) to spread my cause to help people, particularly as the girl could potentially have thousands of followers on Tumblr (like one of the guys I interviewed in part 1 of the project) and some of them would use it too and tell their friends.

Or I could just send her the image of the male model reading The Odyssey...


No comments:

Post a Comment