2011

Rose Power

Thursday 12 January 2012

Continuing my guides: Book 1...

I repeated the experiment I did with pasting my images into Sparknotes.com to see what they'd look like on an actual study guide site. Rather than a really detailed cartoon of each book with lots of boxes, I chose two main events from each book.



Rather than replacing all the text I have left the image ALONGSIDE the written summary, for people to have both options and to add variation to a previously text-dominated page. My images even include small bits of text, it would be too ambitious to say so much without them when names* and places are so important.


Here's the Book 1 summary in more detail:
*In Homer's time 'kleos' (or identity) was hugely important and was passed down through generations of men (like surnames now) - you earnt good kleos through being a good fighter etc. Odysseus makes a huge sacrifice in Book 9 when discards his name, telling Polyphemous he is called 'Nobody'.

No comments:

Post a Comment