2011

Rose Power

Thursday 29 December 2011

Visual study guides

Though I thought the email format in my previous post would be really helpful in a study guide to the book, not all works of literature contain letters from one character to another. It was entertaining but not very universal.


As I established earlier, VISUAL information is what's missing from a lot of online study guides. Before I begin creating my own images, I had a quick look at existing examples. 


Though not available online as a study source (their website simply promotes their TV show and live tour) the 'Horrible Histories' series dominates this market, outside of the internet.



What makes them successful?

Though aimed at children old enough to read, they use images on every page. These include fake adverts, cartoons and comic strips. 
Also, the information provided isn't what you'd learn at school (teachers are made fun of in the introduction of each book) it's more tailored to children's interests: 'history with the nasty bits left in'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment