2011

Rose Power

Saturday 3 December 2011

Amazon vs. real bookshops

I made some images on photoshop juxtaposing images of book shelves with the obvious modern alternative; Amazon. I imagined that I could hack into Amazon.co.uk and replace the homepage with this image to remind people what they were missing.






I could add a statistic, like 'The volume of books being bought is in decline. In 2010 a total of 229.3 million books were sold in Britain, a 1.7 per cent decrease on 2009, according to research company Nielsen Bookscan.'


I tried this in the quick animation i made below. It would be great if I was a computer genius and could actually hack into the Amazon website to change the homepage! I would like to try out more animation, like making bookshelves pop up one at a time.




I'm really interested in this idea of hacking/terrorism with good and harmless intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment