2011

Rose Power

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Week 6 - results of 2nd experiment


It's time to assess which blog provider I found most 'successful'; all 3 were relatively quick and easy to make, so it comes down to which one had the most followers. Blogspot gained the most followers (15) and the Tumblr had only 4. My Wordpress site had none! After making these blogs and observing their progress over a few days, I realised there needs to be more to my project than this. While it was really useful as a research exercise to make these 3 blogs, I am not yet successful enough as an illustrator (or blogger) to be able to analyse my output on a very large scale, so I'm going to adapt the next stages/direction of my project.



Some interesting findings came from this 2nd experiment though. For example, I confirmed a realisation that came up in my 1st experiment: Wordpress is nowhere near as popular as Blogspot and Tumblr appear to be! If I am to go on comparing blogs and searching for the best, this will inevitably turn into a battle between these two blogging giants!

As a fun way of making a visual summary of this experiment (and the first) I have made a flowchart which tells you which blog would suit you best, based my findings.


No comments:

Post a Comment