2011

Rose Power

Thursday 13 October 2011

What is this module about?

"This module expands territories of creative practice in contemporary technologies
It accommodates reflective development in emerging forms and environments for visual communication"

It aims to:
  • SUPPORT critical/creative development of practice (in visual communication) through technologies.
  • ENABLE us to develop a deeper/more informed reading of contemporary communication technologies.
  • FOSTER critical awareness of contexts + applications of visual communication in emerging technologies.
  • SUPPORT cultural/critical awareness of these (emerging technologies) within lens based media, moving image, sound, code and related processes.

I will need to achieve these learning outcomes:
  • Apply conceptual/creative/experimental strategies to develop visual communication using technologies.
  • Develop critical + contextualised practice within contemporary technologies.
  • Apply critical understanding to the development of visual communication in this context.
  • Consider + reflect critically on the application of the process I use.


Basically I need to develop my practice within projects that extend my reading of contemporary technologies. 
From an initial subject I will define + develop my own project, selecting a process (lens based media, moving image, sound, code...) accordingly. I will learn more about these technologies and the space they occupy in visual communication, as well as how to use new equipment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment